Toys and Games
for School-Age Kids
Toys and games for school-age kids are geared more to educational learning and role-playing. School-age children are into imaginative play, exploring their environment, and acquiring the skills and knowledge they need to become successful adults. Choose toys and games to help them grow!
Choosing Toys and Games for School-Age Kids
- Construction sets
- Bikes or Skateboards (Don't forget the helmets)
- Art supplies
- Hobby and crafts materials, tool kits
- Battery powered electrical toys (with Underwriters Laboratory(UL) approval)
- Sewing materials, beading or embroidery kits
- Sports equipment
- Camping equipment
- Dominoes, puzzles, board games
- Electronic games
- Shooting toys
- Kites made of aluminized polyester film
- Broken Toys
- Poorly made sports equipment
Of Special Note:
- Helmets and appropriate padding should always be used with bikes and skateboards.
- Chemistry sets, darts, air rifles and bows and arrows should only be used with parental supervision
- If you do buy a toy gun for a child, it should be brightly coloured so that it cannot possibly be mistaken for a real gun.
- Teach children to put their toys away when they have finished playing so that no-one trips over them
Toys and Games for School-Age Kids